Friday, October 15, 2010

a little civil war quilt

I have eleven quilts I have to have completed by March. ( some just to gluing stage thank goodness),
so it was with great relief I completely finished the first one this week and popped it into a bag to Sydney to Quilter's Companion.
 Next year, as it is the 150th anniversary of the commencement of the Civil War, Quilter's Companion magazine are doing a feature and this little quilt will be one of their projects.
I remember about thirteen or fourteen years ago when I made the first Civil War quilt how I excited I was with the new fabrics released by Judie Rothermel. Now there have been more collections than I could remember, so finding fabrics to make this quilt was not difficult. Watch out for the pattern in the magazine next year.
Friday morning is a great delivery day at the shop. A few gorgeous fabrics came into the shop this morning. I loved these three- the brown with blue and pink flowers, the red and pink serpentine and the pretty pale pink. I needed all of them!
Now back to my clamshell quilt. I am hoping to complete it this coming week along with the summer school quilt.
Happy sewing, Susan x

9 comments:

  1. I love that little quilt, and that red serpentine fabric is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am huge fan of nine patches and stars, can't wait to see the whole quilt!
    please keep us posted so we can make sure we get the magazine when it comes out. Here in the USA we can't always get every issue so I want to make sure I get this one
    thanks
    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that my quilt turns out as nice and neat as yours do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful quilt and I love when I find a new blog that has pictures of mother nature included. Looking forward to the pattern for this lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mix of fabrics you used for your quilt and will have to keep an eye out for the magazine! Do you happen to recall which line the pink fabric with the leaves is from? Even if it's not a recent line, I would be interested to know just to see if I can search for some on the internet.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello
    Sorry, I don't speak english ...
    I love the civil war Quilt !!!!How can I find the magazine in France ??What's his name exactly ? Homespun ? Quilter's companion ? In which issue ???
    Thank thank thank ! It will be my next quilt, it's so nice .
    thanks a lot
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt! Love the stars and nine-patches, and great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete