Monday, October 7, 2013

a year's work

I have been a busy sewer this year. I have had so many trips away, more trips to Sydney and Melbourne than I wish to count, and I knew time would be short with lots of work to be done. I made the decision when I accepted the commission to make a quilt for a movie, that I would have a year of no knitting, crocheting or lace making, but just concentrate on my sewing.
So my "Stonefields" quilt is nearing completion, one of my summer school quilts is currently in Sydney  being photographed for "Homespun" magazine and I will be starting my other two quilts this week.

I have deviated from my"work" quilt to make two other quilts for my daughter. One for her for her bed when she is working at the hospital in the country and one for her friend's new baby.
I was in Toowoomba a few weeks ago teaching and did a little bit of shopping with the intention of making my daughter a happy quilt. so came home and got right into it.

my daughter's quilt

a quilt for a new baby girl


a border of Stonefields ready to applique


and a little bit of my linen quilt 


now back to sewing




1 comment:

  1. Enjoying the way Stonefields is developing ... wondering if class are available for this beautiful quilt or even a BOM program ?
    Happy stitching, P

    ReplyDelete